Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Warm milk, jumping sheep, and Tylenol PM

So I haven’t been sleeping well. I have been having trouble falling asleep & staying asleep. Even though I wake up many times during the night, 4 o’clock seems to be the magic hour of my sleep deprivation. Almost every morning I wake up at 4 and stay awake for almost an hour. This morning (at 4) I started wondering if there was something special about 4. Is my subconscious preparing me for an event that will happen at this time?

I seem to recall a movie where the main character woke up every night at the same time. In the movie this was actually the time the character was going to die. Oohhh, scary stuff. So after frightening the be-jezus out of myself imagining mob hits, home invasions, and freak tree accidents, I decided I should think positively. Maybe there is a good reason to get up at 4. Here are just some of the possibilities:

• I’m going to be hired as the manager of a new Dunkin’ Donuts coming to town. Everyone knows the donut maker has to get up early

• I’ve somehow become linked to the Michael Jackson death inquiry. It might be the only time I can slip past the hoards of paparazzi to get to the grocery.

• Maybe I’m going to meet a new best friend who lives in Europe, and she loves to have long chats while drinking her morning tea.

• 4 o’clock might be the magical hour for running fast and if I could only convince myself to get out of bed, I would start having miracle workouts.

• I might become a hero when, as the only person awake at 4, I put out a fire, save a baby, stop a robbery, or perform some other act of heroism in the neighborhood.

Well, that’s all I have at the moment. I’m sure I’ll think of more.

Probably tomorrow…

at 4 o’clock…

Sigh….

No comments:

Post a Comment