Monday, December 22, 2008

Obi Wan, Diamonds, & a Skeleton Key

Originally Posted November 7, 2007

So what's the weirdest thing you have in your desk right now?

As a teacher I often find a lot of things just lying around my classroom. I also confiscate stuff that kids are playing with in class. Most of these things end up in my lower-left desk drawer without another thought to them. Today I had some extra time, so I decide to clean out my desk. I had quite an adventure looking at all of the things I've collected over my last 4 years at Harrison. I thought I'd share some of them with you...

1. A miniature figurine of Obi Wan with movable arms and legs (he's seen in the photo riding a supercool motorcycle and also with the mini terrorist playing cards)- which leads me to number 2

2. A miniature deck of terrorist playing cards, featuring Saddam Hussein as the Ace of Spades. Either the third graders were playing poker at recess or thought they might run into a terrorist on the teeter-totter. Maybe a little of both...

3. A tennis bracelet, only missing 1 stone. The third grader who gave it for me did an appraisal and said they were "real diamonds".

4. Someone's house key. If I ever find out who it belongs to...HOUSE PARTY!!

5. A crochet hook- ??? not a clue where this one came from

6. A tiny lock and large skeleton key

7. The ever popular superball. Which is no longer in my desk drawer since I was having fun bouncing it off the walls when I found it, and now it has disappeared...

8. One perfect attendance pin. Show up at all my parties and it's yours!

9. A matchbox ambulance. Perfect for transporting Obi Wan to the hospital after he falls off the supercool motorcycle. Unfortunately for him I didn't find a miniature helmet.

Last but not least...

10. Bloody tooth in a bag. (too graphic for the picture) I don't know how someone didn't miss this one, but I just found it on the floor. I keep forgetting to bring it home and put it under my pillow.

Well, that's just some of the weird stuff in my desk. What's the strangest thing in your desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment